Photos via Instagram @Keto.Betch
Okay, okay, you may have come to this site for jewelry, but we are about much more than that! We believe in nourishing your body, mind and soul. What you put in your body affects your life on every level, if you eat well you feel well.
If you didn't already gather, I am a bit of a health food freak. I like to eat healthy whole foods, with that comes a lot of cooking so I figured I will share some of my favorite recipes from time to time.
My BFF is on a keto diet and she has been straight killin’ it! So, I had her over for dinner the other evening and I made my own version of cabbage lasagna. And peeps it turned out delicious, so much so that I *had* to share it. Be prepared for a delicious and healthy low carb meal!
Low Carb Cabbage Lasagna
• 1/2 Large or 1 Small Cabbage
• 28 ounces low sugar cubed tomatoes
• 1 Tbls tomato paste
• 16 ounces ricotta cheese
• 1 egg
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 lb low carb Italian sausage
• 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
• 4 Tbls fresh parsley chopped
• 1 tsp red chili flakes
• 1 small onion chopped
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• 2 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp fennel seeds
• 6 oz sliced or grated mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil and add salt.
- Peel and discard the top 2-3 leaves from the cabbage and then cut the core. Place the cabbage in the boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes. Let the cabbage cool, pull the leaves, and then pat dry well with paper towels.
- Heat a large skillet with some olive oil, Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the beef and sausage to the skillet and break it up while cooking.
- Brown the meat completely and then season with chili flakes, Italian seasoning, oregano, fennel, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer the meat sauce over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- While that simmers in a medium-sized bowl add the ricotta cheese, fresh basil, 1/2 of the fresh parsley, egg, 1 tsp salt and mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9x 13 baking dish. Make the layers as follows; 1/3 meat mixture, layer of cabbage leaves, 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/3 parmesan, 1/3 meat mixture, layer of cabbage leaves, 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/3 parmesan, 1/3 meat mixture, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/3 parmesan, top with remaining parsley
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Cool 10 minutes & enjoy!
Sharing is caring, if you liked this recipe feel free to share it!
IG Postables, tag @midnightjo @keto.betch
Leave a comment